Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Another year in New York

I'm a little stunned that I'm about to start my fifth year in graduate school – when I started my fifth year of undergraduate study, I knew it was going to be my last. Now, at this current fifth year point, I have no idea how much longer I'll be in school (perhaps another five more?!?) or whether or not I'll ever finish. It's a little bit stressful.

I had a birthday recently and am another year closer to the third decade of my life. My philosophy has aways been that odd-years, are much better for me than even-years. We'll see if this year can help buck the trend.

In other news, I only lasted a little while as a lemming on the bike... I am the world's laziest person at the gym. I've been travelling extensively around the country this summer... so no gym for me.

Now that I'm back in NYC however, I'll run for five minutes and be ready to quit. The funny thing is, sometimes, when I pace myself and am in the right mood, I'll last for whole 30 minutes on the treadmill.

I'm thinking I crave discipline in many aspects of my life, but have been coasting on banked good stuff (genes, brains, etc.), so that I haven't really felt the consequences of a lack of discipline. What to do.

I've heard that my metabolism is going to change big-time once I hit thirty. I'd like to save up some more of the good stuff to soften that blow of an even-numbered birthday. I think I might go back to lemming class - it's much more shameful to stop 30 minutes into an hour-long class when one is in the second row. I just can't be trusted with a bike in the back row.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home