Thursday, April 01, 2004

Lack of content...

I remember a time when I used to post more than just disturbing yet funny links and actually included content in my blog. Lest all my readers think that I just troll around the web for crazy stuff an the internet, I do have a whole other life that I could chronicle.... I went and saw a movie last night (it was a tossup between what I ended up seeing and this movie) and walked back to my place from the UWS to the UES through central park. It is really exciting that the weather has gotten warm enough that I was only slightly freezing when I finally got home at 1am. I am so looking forward to warmer weather. Tonight I will get to see Trembling Before G*d and see the filmmaker speak - it should be interesting... because the last time I saw the film was before I started graduate school - I am curious how I will respond to the documentary after having spent the last year imbibing documentary film history and theory.... btw - my policy on the use of the word "interesting" has been revised as per further discussion with someone I met - I now allow use of this word provided it is a segue into why something is/was interesting. The word should never be an adjective used in and of itself. The phrase "Ohhh... that was interesing" is something I've heard way too much of in grad school. Note to self, future rant - why the verb to strike should be struck from the vocabulary of academics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home