Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Please... no more vodka martinis...

I learned how to drink on tequila - what can I say, I grew up in California. My drink of choice "evolved" away from that strong tasting booze to to it's diametrical opposite - vodka. I got pretty good at drinking the flavorless liquor as well. I even managed to hold my own in a vodka drinking contest with some Polish exchange students while I was studying abroad. It was abroad that I was introduced to the "vodka martini," it was also abroad that I heard Aqua's "Barbie Girl" for the first time. I was wrong on both counts when I assumed the later was a freaky east asian phenomenon and the former was the way that a martini should be drunk. I was reminded of this when I had to make my nightcap martini with vodka tonight because I was out of gin... gah. c'est terrible.

1 Comments:

At 1:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is an awesome post!! LOL.....I remembered that you enjoy gin martinis (same here).

Brance

PS: Great to chat with you today, thanks. And I really AM sorry....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home