Sunday, September 26, 2004

Redone lobby....


They spent all summer renovating the basement levels of the Bobst library. Some thought they it was just a way to avoid any copycat bobst-boys. But much to the my delight they reopened the very swanky redesigned lounge having made substantial, rather than cosmetic improvements. The flourescent lighting is less ghastly, they softened the interiors up with wood furnishings, put in a bunch of comfortable tables and chairs including the one pictured above. I was intially more impressed with the Aerons Chairs, but today I wandered back to the "leisure reading area" and discovered these amazing chairs made by Brayton International. I don't want to read sitting in anything else any more! Unfortunately, Brayton International only deals with institutional buyers (I think), so no new reading chair for me. But hey, the lounge is open 24 hours a day, so I could always head downtown for a comfortable sit... did I really just write that? Go NYU spending! In an article that I found about NYU having spent most of the 2 billion dollars that it raised since the late 1970s to turn itself from a commuter school to a nationally recognized intstitution, I found this sentence: "Hansmann and his allies argue that administrators are wrongly making a fetish of the size of their universities' endowments. NYU has no size fetish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home