Friday, September 24, 2004

Why I refuse to fly discount airlines....


Sure, I'll shop at Daffy's and Century 21 to get the deals. But the discounts just aren't worth it when it comes to air travel (plus most major airlines will match the price that discount airlines are running between the same airports for the most part). Just hearing the horror stories of how people are treated on discount airlines makes me glad that I've been a longstanding customer of one of the major airlines (AA) - I don't even remember the last time I did not fly AA or one of its affiliates when travelling by air. There have been multiple times that I missed connections, or dozed off during their repeated broadcasts for Passenger Chang (I blame 20 hours of non-stop travelling for that) - but each time a snafu occured, I was always treated with respect and the problem was solved with minimal discomfort or delay caused to me. Suffice it to say my heart goes out to my friend who is stuck in Chicago (due to a Southwest fuckup). He's going to end up missing the second wedding that he's flown back to California for!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home