Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Finals...


I have many papers to write and have been working for a while now. Thought I'd take a blog break and share with the very few readers that I have left due to my own fault of not updating more frequently with actually intresting posts. Self deprecation aside. I saw National Treasure today. I overcame my resistance to watching Nicholas Cage on the big screen Tuesday night. I tried to watch the 10:30 pm screening, but lo and behold the theater claimed that the screening had sold out! I couldn't believe it... every single seat to this corny action movie based on a conspiracy theory involving the Freemasons and the founding fathers hiding "the greatest treasure trove ever"? 10:30 pm. is a shitty time to try to come up with a plan of what to do on the Upper East Side as most things closed at 11 pm. So, I drowned my sorrows with a bottle of red when I got home.

Ever the one to persevere (in procrastination) I went back to see the film this afternoon... It felt slightly derivative of Indiana Jones films where the "good" treasure hunter is constantly getting hounded by the "bad" treasure hunters. We know the villians are bad because they gratuitously smash antiquities that don't appear valuable - where as the "good" guys just want to find treasure for the betterment of humankind. Hmmm. I couldn't quite clock how the writers wanted to present the relationship between protagonist Ben Gates (Cage) and sidekick Riley Poole (Bartha). Bartha, a NYU graduate I might add, will be in NYC this winter filming an indy film, "Trust the Man," with Julianne Moore, David Duchovny, Billy Crudup, Maggie Gyllenhaal (via The Kalamazoo Gazette).

1 Comments:

At 2:51 PM, Blogger Paul said...

Are we done yet?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home