Sunday, May 16, 2004

When it rain, it pours...

And the rats come out to swim. Despite better judgement, I went to an Ani Difranco concert at Carnegie Hall tonight - it was awesome. She ended her set with a dirge - if you've heard it before you'll know that she's got cajones performing it in NYC. Got out of the theater and it started thundering. Made it onto a bus as it started pouring. Haha! I thought. But alas, the bus let out at Lex an 57th and my subway stop was at 60th and Lex. In the three short blocks between the bus stop and the subway entrance I got soaked. Not talking a little bit wet - we're talking wetter than this. I managed to lose my sunglasses (ironic), tried to fish it out of a grimy gutter where I thought I might have dropped it making a 5 foot leap over a river, and gave up when a rat raced across my outreached hands... what was I thinking!?!... they were a gift alas they are gone... At least I was wearing my contacts. When I entered the subway, someone commented: He looks like he just jumped into a lake! Thanks lady. I totally coulda had a photo taken of me and submitted - the world is my shower. Back to work writing on crip queer documentaries.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home